09 April 2006

A Blur of Typing Fingers

That's what this weekend has been to me. I took two nights off from writing -- Thursday and Friday. I so needed a couple of nights off. Thursday was Alan's Shackled City game, where Adam's bard was smashed into so much pulp. He was, perhaps, destined to meet such an end, considering that his hit points were still in the single-digits at 3rd level.

Poor Talmin. We mourn his passing. No longer will he be the butt of many jokes. We will always carry a piece or two of him with us...at least, until we wash our clothes. With the force of the impact from that blow, I'm sure there was a crimson Talmin spritz covering everything within a fifteen foot radius.

Adam will return next time with a magic user, filling a niche in the party that has long been vacant. At last, we'll have some heavy artillery.

Back to writing. My work on the Wizards book was finished a week ago today. I spent the following Monday pitching in on TGM's Arcane Quarter, which should be out fairly soon. It'll be nice to have my name attached to the third in the City Quarters series, regardless of the size of my contribution.

I hadn't planned to do any writing on Tuesday, as that was my wedding anniversary, and my wife and I had plans to go out to dinner. Dinner was great, but we managed to get back home before 7pm. I felt obliged to do some work, and so I went over to It's a Grind and made a little progress on the current Midnight project.

That's what I've been doing all weekend, as a matter of fact: making progress on the Midnight project. I've managed to get quite a bit done, which is good; the deadline is fast approaching, and I want to make sure I'm on time with my turnover so that I can go on to the next project I've got lined up.

Nicole at Green Ronin sent me the preliminary game schedule for Gen Con Indy this year. Once it's been approved by the Gen Con folks, I'll make sure I post my game dates and times. In case I hadn't mentioned it early, I'm running Thieves' World for GR, and doing a little bit of work at their booth.

August seems so far away, until it occurs to me that its only four months down the road and we're already four months into 2006. How the hell did that happen? The busier I get, the faster the time seems to pass.

::sigh::

By the way, Amy and I picked up a copy of FFG's Fury of Dracula boardgame yesterday. When the game was announced, I read the product page and thought, "Hey, this sounds like Scotland Yard with vampires." Scotland Yard happens to be one of Amy's favorite childhood games, even though I've never tried it. We'll need to iron out a time to try it out at some point.

2 comments:

Alan said...

If you look very closely at the picture pf the hammerer automaton, I think you can see a piece of Talmin's spleen on that hammer!

Gary said...

I so enjoy having a DM who is as compassionate as you are. If Marcus ever croaks, you better make sure that another PC croaks with him. I'm not coming back as another cleric!