14 April 2006

Pink Floyd Depresses Me

I really do like the music, though.

I'm already predisposed to a certain amount of gloominess. I don't curl up into a ball and weep; I don't stab myself in the leg repeatedly while flushing the toilet again and again. The romantic part of me wants to say, "It's the poet in me," and leave it at that.

When I write, I listen to music. I've got a vast collection of MP3s (all honestly acquired), so I've got a good selection to choose from. Tonight, I started off with Disturbed, and then switched over to Pink Floyd's Mettle after about a half an hour. I got started late tonight, and odds are that I won't be getting much more done before the coffee shop closes (which is why I'm posting in the first place).

Now, Mettle doesn't really depress me. The top depressing PF albums, IMO, are Dark Side of the Moon, The Final Cut, and The Wall. In that order.

When I'd had my fill of Mettle, I switched over to Dark Side of the Moon. I feel much gloomier now than I did when I arrived. What a silly monkey I am! I should have put on something happy, like Carnival of Chaos by GWAR.

Just rambling, just rambling...

I'm on the final leg of my latest endeavor for the Midnight product line, and I've got a good start. Much of tonight was laying it out, getting an idea of what I'll be doing over the next couple of very busy days. Cripes, I wonder if I'll manage it all.

Tomorrow: laundry and housework, followed by a session of my own Midnight campaign. Sometime, between the chores and the game, I need to sit down and get a few thousand words written.

Sunday: Well, it's Easter. It didn't occur to me that the coffee shop would be keeping wierd holiday hours, but I guess they deserve time off just like everyone else. I'll need to work some writing in then, too, either before or after we head to my mom's place for Easter festivities.

Monday and Tuesday are the last two days I have to devote to this chapter. As long as I can manage to get 65%-70% of the work done this weekend, I should be clear to finish things up early next week. Joy! Rapture!

As it is, I need to save this post and get my stuff packed before they push me out of here with a broom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding?

Run, rabbit run.
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.


The above depresses you? You must be joking. You old joker, Gary. Joking around here and there.

Alan said...

I like Wish You Were Here bunches. It's great to listen to, while laying on the hood of your car on a balmy summer's night, staring longingly into deep space's open embrace... With a beer or two!