14 June 2006

On the Cusp of Thirty-Three

I'll be turning 33 in just over two weeks. Another year behind, and who knows how many more years ahead. Not to mention, Father's Day is this Sunday. It will be my second Father's Day as a father.

It's hard to believe how fast time is passing. Used to be a month was a long time, and a year...well, a year was an eternity. No longer is this the case. The older I get, the faster my life seems to slip away. It's like the vortex around the drain at the bottom of a bathtub: the closer you get to the center, the faster 'round you go.

I got an email from Amazon.com this morning, suggesting that I order a copy of Children of the Horned Rat, since I've previously ordered WFRP products. I was like, "Hey, no fair. I wrote it!" Well, part of it, at any rate. I keep having dreams (nightmares?) that my copies of the book show up, but I can't recognize any of the writing as my own.

This little evil test is making the rounds. I figure I'll join in and show you folks just how benign I actually am. It's sort of embarassing.

You Are 28% Evil

A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

I've been reading a lot lately. Not "a lot" compared to some folks, but for me, yes. Good stuff, too. Unfortunately, it's research for a project and I can't really divulge what it is I'm reading up on. I'm such a tease.

So, GenCon comes closer to being a reality. I've recruited a crew of strangers for a pre-con playtest of my Thieves' World scenario. All I need to do now is nail down a venue for the playtest to take place. I'm aiming for Game Empire, a FLGS down in Clairemont Mesa. I need to head down there soon and see what I can dig up on reserving a table...if that's even possible.

And so it goes. I guess I should get back to work.

1 comment:

BI Dev Team said...

Amazon mocks you too I see...