02 June 2006

My iPod as a Magic Eight Ball

I don't own an iPod, but I do have iTunes. So...check this out. It doesn't really make much sense, but maybe I can overanalyze it into doing so. My comments (if any) are in italics. The titles don't always hold us much weight as the songs themselves.

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you?
Wiser Time – The Black Crowes
Ummmm...ooookay. Let me think about this. Moving forward, not looking back?

Will I have a happy life?
Close (to the Edit) – Art of Noise
Not many words to speak of here (except for the occasional, "Hey!" or "Tra la la"), so I guess since the song makes me happy...I guess the answer is yes? Either that, or I won't be happy until I've closed (to the edit) or drawn closer to some ephemeral edge.

What do my friends really think of me?
A View to a Kill – Duran Duran
I was voted "Most Likely To Become An International Spy" in my senior year.

Do people secretly lust after me?
Kizmiaz – The Cramps
I guess not.

How can I make myself happy?
Threshold – Front Line Assembly
A song about political corruption, martyrs...ultimately, a pretty depressing techno-industrial tune, and not altogether promising.

What should I do with my life?
Eat Steel - GWAR
Should I be eating the steel, or making other people eat the steel? Now I'm confused.

Will I ever have children?
This Was My Life - Megadeth
It's obvious that I've had children. Perhaps this means that my life was leading up to having kids..? Or, perhaps, my life is now going to be all about my kid(s).

What is some good advice for me?
Golgotha Tenement Blues – Machines of Loving Grace
This seems to tell me to stay the heck away from the big city. Another not-so-happy song.

How will I be remembered?
Prophecy – Queensryche
It's not like I'm Nostradamus or anything.

What is my signature song?
Canary in a Coal Mine – The Police
Ah, finally, something I can agree with.

What do I think my current theme song is?
No Sign of Yesterday (live) – Men At Work
My loves of yesterday, lost and forgotten?

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Sick of You – GWAR
Oh, please. I'm not that big a jerk. I don't think.

What song will play at my funeral?
Brother (unplugged) – Alice in Chains
I guess I don't get this one, either. It's not as if I'm estranged from my family or anything.

What type of men/women do I like?
The Happiest Days of Our Lives – Pink Floyd
If this is to be read rightly, I guess it means I like school-age ladies. Or school teachers. Hrm.

What is my day going to be like?
Submerged – Synaesthesia
Ambient music, so no lyrics to interpret. Does this mean I'll be drowning in a short while? Or, more likely, I'll be drenched in sweat (as I'm wearing the uniform tomorrow).

In any case, I call B.S. Yet it does prove how absolutely bored I am, if I'm willing to run the thing, post it, and then (to make matters worse) try to shoehorn meaning into it.

I'm going to bed now.

No comments: