26 February 2006

GM's Day

I heard about GM's Day last year, and completely forgot about it until just last week. I'm not sure how official it is, as far as holidays go, nor do I know how many folks in the gaming community either recognize and/or care about the nature of this so-called holiday that happens on March 4th.

Me? Well, I joke about it with my players. I was telling my wife that we might have a TPK at the next Midnight session (coincidentally occuring on March 4th) if the GM's Day tribute wasn't satisfactory. She laughed. Little does she know. (::evil laughter::)

Not to worry. I'm not one of "those" gamemasters. I don't take my personal frustrations out on my players, unless it's a convention scenario and there are one or two PCs ruining it for the rest of the group. That's rare -- in fact, I've yet to take justice into my own hands at a convention game that I'm running -- but I do prepare for such occasions. Consider yourself warned.

I've got some work to do tonight. I need to revise my portions of a synopsis, and I want to work on the Midnight campaign a little bit more. I'm supposed to participate in a Civil War presentation next weekend, so I probably won't have much time to work on it then.

In other news, it looks like I'll be writing a small portion of an upcoming D&D product for Wizards of the Coast. No details, of course, but I'm happy about it. I'll post more about it when I've been given the green light to do so (which will likely be a while from now).

I need to rouse my little boy from his nap so that we can run a few errands around town. If anything comes up in the meantime, I'll make sure to post about it.

1 comment:

Carolina said...

Gary

Just wanted to say I really liked the Thieves World rpg -- I thought it was faithful to the original books and captured a sense of the novels -- not an easy thing to do.

Congrats on getting a WotC writing gig. I look forward to seeing it on the shelf at my FLGS sometime soon.