18 January 2006

Unemployment Means Never Having To Say "I'm Bored"

Even though I am, somewhat.

The boy is in a nap presently. He must've needed it, because he's been sleeping for almost 90 minutes as of this writing. On one hand, it's nice, because I've got time to myself. On the other hand, I'm a little on edge; after all, he might wake up at any moment. There's little point in getting too deeply involved in a project, since he's liable to be up and at 'em in the next ten minutes.

I'm not really bored. Stephen definitely keeps things interesting, especially when he's awake. I've been able to watch a couple of Battlestar Galactica episodes today. Earlier, his mother and I took him to get his DOC band adjusted for the last time. I had intended to take him to the Wild Animal Park, but we were both a bit tired. He had a (rather stinky) poo diaper after eating lunch.

Sorry for the play-by-play. These are the best days of my life, so I may as well be detailed.

I've also been working on a background for Marcus, my cleric in Alan's Shackled City campaign. I expect he'll be up to 3rd level soon, so I'll repost his stats along with whatever history I manage to piece together. I'm not an expert on Greyhawk, so it's been interesting. I've done my share of playing games set in Greyhawk, and I even ran a brief (evil) campaign set there (which petered out when half the group moved out of state). In other words, I'm familiar with it, but I'm not precisely a font of information or ideas on the topic.

At least Marcus has a last name now.

Back to Battlestar Galactica, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm enjoying it, more or less, but I still have these knee jerk responses to the new series that are based on my childhood memories of the old one. I'm not about to say the old one was better, but it was good for what it was. At the time, what kind of FX budget did you expect for a science fiction series on syndicated television?

Oh, well. The child is awake. More later.

No comments: