07 January 2006

Happy New Year

See title.

The first week of the year has been hectic! There's been a change in the software we use where I work, and the integration is rife with bugs and other issues. This is less a problem for me than for my co-workers, since I will be leaving the company on the 16th of January.

I've got another job lined up. I'll be doing much the same thing (buying), but for substantially more pay. It's a good opportunity for me, and I'm hopeful that it will help to boost our standard of living a tad.

On the writing front:

I'm currently working on a project for Upper Deck Entertainment involving one of their CCGs. Can't say much more than that, but it's been interesting to be able to branch out from RPGs a little bit and see how the other half lives. I'm not sure if this will turn into a steady gig or not; right now, it's just a single contract. We'll have to wait and see how I perform.

There's also a new Warhammer project in the offing. It's a long-term project for a very sizeable book, and from the looks of the outline it's going to be a blast.

As you might know, I've always had a great gaming love affair with Cyberpunk 2020. As it turns out, the third edition of Cyberpunk has been released on DriveThruRPG, and the hardcopy is due to hit store shelves real soon now. I've been invited to participate in a couple of CP-related projects, and I'll update you on the status of those once I'm able to.

Template Troves III has seen a couple more reviews on RPGNow, as well as a couple of reviews on ENWorld. Joe Kushner gives a good accounting of the product in this four-star review. Not every review of the product is stellar, but as of this entry, none are rated lower than four stars.

So that's that. I need to get ready to move, as I'm heading to Borders today to get some of that Upper Deck project finished, and I'm dropping my boy off at his grandma's house on the way. It's going to be a busy weekend, I think.

1 comment:

Alan said...

What is your feeling re: the artwork in CP 3E being done with Barbie and Ken dolls?