30 January 2006

Hammer and Shadow Is Out

I know this because UPS dropped off my comp copies today. It's a good looking book, and the new cover art is sweet. As my second Midnight contribution, H&S holds a special place in my heart because it was so much fun to write. I enjoyed working on it a great deal. I hope I can continue to have such luck on my future Midnight endeavors.

Last week, Green Ronin sent me some comp copies of Shadowspawn's Guide to Sanctuary. It's a hefty book, all the more impressive because I've only ever seen it in PDF format. Shadowspawn's Guide is a healthy companion to the Thieves' World Player's Guide, though it is hardly a requirement. Personally, I don't think I'd want to run a serious game of TW without it, but that's just me.

I love getting free books. Granted, technically, they're not really free. They're often a part of the contracted payment I get for my work on a book. Still, they're a wonderful bonus. Who doesn't like getting packages?

In other news, today marks my second week at my new day job. I think I'm getting the hang of things. Now if only my paychecks would catch up with my bills!

By the way, I've added a link to Gnymphs.net to my list of Industry-related friends and so forth. There is some adult content to be had there, but it's not a "hard core" site by any stretch of the imagination, and I respect what the ladies at Gnymphs.net are doing.

No comments: