14 July 2013

Victory... for the Time Being, Anyway

I've forgotten just how exhilarating it is to hit a deadline. It feels pretty good, actually.

Even a small project (which, admittedly, would have still made me nervous back when I was originally starting out ten years) is nice to wrap up. Not that my current gig is completely wrapped up - I still have a few things to do - but I'm meeting my obligations as well as enjoying myself.

I've got my fingers crossed that this leads to more work. I appreciate you crossing your digits on my behalf, as well. Every bit helps.

I tried a different coffee place this time around - The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in Oceanside. It's small, though there is abundant outdoor seating. If my monitor was easier to read in bright light, I might even sit outside. My impression is positive, overall. The staff is friendly, and coffee refills are a dollar. The wifi is a little on the slow side, and you have to refresh your connection every couple of hours, but that's not really a problem.

On a non-writing tangent, I was able to see Pacific Rim. It's about what I expected it to be, which is to say, I wasn't disappointed. No, it wasn't a particularly original film, but I still enjoyed it. It's riddled with a lot of cliches and the dialogue isn't always awesome, but I'm almost certain that was intentional given the film's roots. I enjoyed the action sequences a lot... how can you beat giant robots fighting giant monsters? It was all very well done.

Anyway, I'm going to wrap this up and get back home. My kids have demanded ice cream, and who am I to deny them?

No comments: