06 October 2024

October Blog Challenge Day 6

My new plantar fasciitis inserts arrived today. So exciting. If only I’d thought to do an unboxing video. Maybe when the other part of the order arrives – five pounds of expensive (to me) coffee beans – I’ll have the forethought to do so.

Had coffee with Sunny this morning, then we swung by the office and played pool while I complained about how unfair life is. The man is truly a saint.

So those beans, they’re a coffee variety from Panama, and I’ve always wanted to try Panamanian coffee. They probably won’t arrive for another week, which is a shame. Hopefully it’s worth the wait and I won’t end up with five pounds of coffee I hate (unlikely).

I am seriously coming up with nothing to write about tonight.

I certainly don’t want to discuss my impending colonoscopy. I’m not really worried about the procedure, I’m just a wee bit apprehensive about the prep required to clean myself out prior. I don’t know how I’m going to keep myself occupied once I’m on a clear liquid diet. I suppose I could write on this blog, assuming I’m lucid.

Listening to the Metallica of my youth as I attempt to write. I’m a Metallica grognard. Anything after 1994 is anathema. I suppose if I were to hear any of their more recent music, there’s a slight chance I might like it. But the truth is, I don’t really care enough to find out. What joyous musical treasures am I denying myself? I guess I’ll never find out.

I slept very poorly last night. Tossed and turned. It was that kind of insomnia where it feels like you’re still awake, or at least aware of your surroundings, but time seems to pass in a blur. I haven’t had a night like that in some time. Hopefully it’s just a one-off and I’ll sleep like the dead tonight.

No comments: