05 October 2024

October Blog Challenge Day 5

I’m not sure how many words I’ve got in my brain tonight. It was a very uneventful day, wherein I ran errands (read: shopped for groceries) and not much else. I watched a couple episodes of the X-Files from the series’ first season. Thought about grilling burgers for dinner but ended up snacking instead. I’ll make the burgers tomorrow.

I’ll admit, I did do some serious napping today. If I’m tired enough to nod off at noon for 2-3 hours, I suppose I needed the rest.

After doing that canvassing yesterday, I’m noticing what seems to be my plantar fasciitis returning. I’ve got a pair of shoe inserts, but they’ve been in daily use for quite some time so I suppose they’re probably wearing out. I ordered a new pair, just to be in the safe side. I don’t really enjoy pain so it seems the prudent thing to do.

Maddy went with me to the grocery store today. As we were loading the car, I noticed a jumping spider on the roof. Maddy coaxed it onto her finger and allowed it to leap away from the vehicle. I commented that maybe she could’ve kept it as a pet, which evolved into a discussion about possible names. She insisted “Jerry” was a good name for a spider. When I scoffed, she said I shouldn’t dismiss the name because it is similar to my own.

I scoffed again and insisted that “Jerry” is short for “Jeremy,” to which she proposed “Jeremiah.” I said that no, “Jeremiah” is a bullfrog name, not a spider name. She had no idea what I was talking about, so once the car was loaded and we were leaving the parking lot, I pulled up Joy to the World by Three Dog Night.

She’d never heard the song before, but enjoyed it.

When we got home, she asked me if her mom was aware of the Jeremiah/Bulldog connection. I told her most definitely, and when we brought the groceries home I confirmed it by saying “Hey, mother, Jeremiah was a… what?”

“A bullfrog,” she answered at once.

No comments: